Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday --day 9

It was sad to put Vadim in taxi back to orphanage last night. He didn't want to leave us. Also sad this morning to get the news that Jake lost his first tooth back home. Although I'm sure the toothfairy has been good to him!!! Someone needs to take a picture of his tooth-missing grin and email it to me ASAP! For the love people. Someone with a camera and an email account get over there and do this for us. If I don't wake up w/ a pic of my boy in my inbox tomorrow, there'll be hell to pay.

We're in good spirits today. It's misting and grey but not very cold.

We found a store that's probably a Ukrainian version of WalMart. It was fun to walk around and look at things. I enjoy my daily hour or two walk w/ my husband, and will miss that when we get home. Found inexpensive yet delicious pizza and peevo (beer) place with wi-fi! Heaven on earth, except in heaven, doubt if they'd laugh at my attempt to speak Russian.

Crossing the busy streets is an adeventure. They just step out and hope that the really fast cars stop. I'm still hesitant, but Todd, the 007 that he is, just steps out into oncoming traffic like everyone else. He's mastered the grim facial expression too, and he fits right in.

Love to everyone. Thanks for all your encouragement.

5 comments:

Kerri said...

give me an address, I'm on my way, camera in hand girl! Here's to toothless grins!

Kimbell and Mark said...

I can get the picture after school today - I'll call your mama! Praying your court date holds.

Laurel said...

I'm also praying that your court happens when they have said That would be wonderful. Thanks for the update!

Julie said...

Robin,
His 1st tooth in 2nd grade! That must be a record!
Bryan and I have be commenting from the store picture that Todd has a "Eastern European" look about him! Praying for the date to hold! Be sure to post often!
Love your pictures!
CUsoon!
Juie

Kimbell and Mark said...

sorry I didn't get over there - worked late then had small group last night - hope someone else came thru with a pic