Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thurs--day 12




Happy Birthday Vadim.

We're heading over to the orphanage this afternoon bringing cake and movies.

I think we've now decided that I will stay here for the duration until we're totally finished up. It seems foolish to fly home for literally 3-4 days to spend 14 hours flying back. On Tuesday, I was willing to do it for a glimpse of Jake, but now that I've regained a little sanity and calmness, I realize that it makes more sense to stick it out. It will be easier for me knowing that Todd is home with him.

Here's a haiku:

Grey sky in Ukraine
Tough, busy people grimace
Grey buildings, grey street




4 comments:

Julie said...

Robin,
I know it is so hard to be away from Jake, but you can do it!
Lovely cake! Did you pick up the cake on your own or did you have help? Vadim's last birthday in Ukraine! Welcome to teen parenting!

David and Jenny Borden said...

Robin, I'll be praying that you have peace knowing that Jake is in God's tender-loving care. He alone is able to connect the two of you though you are far away physically. I can't imagine how much you must miss him though! Think of what this act of faith is teaching him. Who knows how God will use this to grow him and use him someday??!
You'll have to let us know if the cake tastes as good as it looks. Love, Jenny

Laurel said...

I hope that cake was better than the one we bought last year for McKenna's birthday in Ukraine. Our cake was dry and cardboard-like though it looked beautiful! I spoke to Ilona and Janis and heard that the party went well! How fun that must be to have all those families and kids reunited again. Hang in there. I think you are making a wise and brave decision to stay the entire time. This will be bonding time with Vadim that you'll cherish forever. God Bless.
Laurel

Kimbell and Mark said...

I'm assuming you made that cake all on your own in your fully equipped Ukrainian kitchen?? Hope you had fun. I'm sure Vadim loved being made over on his birthday!