Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tues--Day 10


Now THAT's what I'm talking about. I love that little face. Thanks Heather!!!
Here's the latest from Todd:

Day 10, well it started out like, should we go to the coffee shop or the store…hummm. We decided to go to the coffee shop to start out our day. Although I looked very carefully for the folks who might be naked and swimming in the river their were none to be found. We did get our daily fill of watching the little kids in strollers frolic with the street pigeons. Robin & I are like local’s at the cafĂ©, we sit in the same place, drink the same drinks and have the same waitress. I realized that our patterns are getting more noticeable, so we must mix things up a bit so not to be noticed (thank God for my 007 training).
After two or so espresso’s we decided to go to a new grocery store…it was the bomb. Our first challenge was to place our backpack in one of the lockers. I tried 4 or 5 and could not get them to lock, only after having a lady spit something out to me in Russian did we realize that we needed to deposit .50 or half a grivna to get it to lock. After walking down every isle we decided on pasta, bread and piva…that staples of our life J
We finished up our shopping and started our journey back to the flat. I was hoping for some serious action, but the riskiest thing we did was cross the street. However, this is not recommended for the faint of heart…one must be ready to step out and proceed to give the on coming driver a stern look while continuing to cross the street. Once crossing the street we ran by the bank to see how much the dollar was worth today…it keeps going up, so that is really good for us right now.
Before going back to the flat we stopped for a bite to eat at a great local pizza place that uses the freshest of vegetables. We order two pizza’s and two piva’s, I stepped into the bathroom to wash my hands and noticed that there were no toilets….just a trough. I told Robin she may want to rethink going to the bathroom until we got back to the flat.
Ilona called and said that she would come down to the restaurant to discuss a few things. She arrived with her brother and we discussed our court date. Most likely Robin will come home with me after our court date for the 10 day waiting period and then fly back to pick up Vadim for his trip home….too cool.

Jake lost his first tooth the other day, but we have not been able to talk to him for a few days, so we are both going through Jake withdrawals. Well today is another day with big decisions in store…..coffee shop or grocery….what would you do J

7 comments:

Julie said...

Robin and Todd,
Love the picture of Jake!
Please continue your search for naked people in the river!
Be sure to share all the "good" spots with Bryan.
Julie

Kerri said...

Decisions, decisions...I'm so proud of the way you two set your mind and go right for what you want! No swaying...coffee shop first! Precious Jake! Nothing sweeter than a toothless little person! Sending you hugs from KY!

Jill said...

As of Sunday, Jake wanted the tooth to be a surprise, but I'm glad he changed his mind.

It is pretty adorable.

I took Jake and Cara to see Bolt and they loved it. It was pretty cute and fun.

You and Robin are great bloggers. I think you might be able to make a living doing it, in fact. Not sure if it pays as well as being a 007 though.

Love yas!
Jill

Kimbell and Mark said...

I can relate to getting yelled and spit at in Russian. YOu have to pay for most of the toilets there - I didn't know that - at first - hence the yelling in RUssian and spitting. I did learn though. Give that sweet little Vadim a hug from all of us. Great job updating! We're hanging on every word.

The Groeschen Family said...

007 and Robin,
Jake is doing fine. When he told Megan, Lauren and I about what he got from the Tooth Fairy, he thought it was pretty cool... I was afraid the girls would start wiggling their teeth to try to cash in too. : )

We love the blog.. it lets us feel like we are there with and for you.

Stay safe and have fun!
Dave, Kathleen and the Crew at 122.

ksm said...

You both amaze me. I love it that you have so much time together as a couple. That is worth a lot!! I love Jake's sweet (one-less-toothed) smile. E,M,S, and I play Rummikub ALL the time. It's our favorite family game. SO much to do with Vadim when he gets here!! Hurry it up!!!

ksm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.