Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wednesday




No, he's not dying, just goofing around.
Here's yesterday:
I woke up an hour before Todd. He grunted at me, "where's my coffee?" Got some, and then asked the same thing he's asked for the last 18 days, "What are we going to do today brain?" Then he answers himself, "The same thing we do every day. Try to take over the world." Then, he said sarcastically, "gee...only 10 more hours until bedtime." Coffee shop, grocery store, reading books, bed. Literally, we probably said 10 words to each other all day. Todd was adventuresome and tried some shrimpy mushroom salad that was gross. I had some beef stroganof, not bad. We ate our last bag of microwave popcorn. Sigh. Then, when lying in bed, we heard 4 or so rounds of machine-gun fire followed by an entire neighborhood of car alarms going off. Very restful.
Today, we're doing more of the same, but we will visit the orphanage this afternoon.
Todd is deciding whether to fork over the extra money to fly home tomorrow, a few days early.
Love to everyone.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I just arrived in Kiev, and I'm already deep into the "rountine" with Bryan. I have microwave popcorn in my cked baggage, but my baggage stayed in Paris for a longer holiday. I will give you our popcorn, because we do not have a microwave. Maybe we should have a party.

ksm said...

I'm sorry some of you are getting sick ... maybe the shared illnesses of brothers Vadim and Jake are like sympathy pregnancy pains of couples? (Not that funny, sorry.) I hope everyone gets better soon and that Todd has a safe and uneventful trip back home. Loving all of you, late birthday greetings to sweet and funny Vadim.

Laurel said...

LOVE the funny pics. This boredom you are experiencing is all part of God's plan to help you to appreciate your own home, country, and life so much more when you get home. :-)

Kimbell and Mark said...

HA - we can totally relate. We sometimes would sit in a different chair to put our boots on just for a little bit of variety!! With getting a new roommate in a few days that will mix things up a bit - and Beth doesn't drink coffee!!